Thursday 15 May 2014

You spin me right round! (Photo Heavy)

Hi everyone,  

Wow third post from me today. 

My lovely hubby bought me a desktop carousel for my craft tools and for ages I have been sat staring at it thinking 'it's too white'

I have never been one for getting sticky or altering much but after asking a couple of crafty buddies I ordered the necessary stuff to do the job. 

So lets looks what I did :

From this:


To this:

I didn't watch to buy proper decopatch papers as I knew this was going to take quite a lot. I chose one of my favourite Digi Papers from Birthday Surprise pack by Scrappers Delights  and printed out several sheets on normal A4 printer paper. 


On my first attempt I cut the paper into perfect strips, but after some advice from the lovely Lisa Horton (Owner of That Craft Place) I then started tearing the peices and it looked so much better. 
 

And finished.....or is it? It still needed something else. 
 


I added flat back pearl string all over the edges. But still it needed more. 


Thats better! A few metal corners and butterflies and we are done! 
 
The glue I used was A'Color All Round Medium from That Craft Place. The brush was from the shop too

I can't wait until I can pop all my tools back in when everything is completely dry tomorrow. I will update this post with another picture when I do.

Now I am looking round the house to see what else I can  decoupage! 

Keep Smilin'
Stacey xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful projects Stacey I am sooooo honoured that you used my papers to decorate and have in your craft room can not wait to see what you alter next now ;) love Janice <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing Stacey! It looks almost marbled. Love the bling that you added. Really sets it off a treat. (Paper napkinsare great for decoupage too, they are cheap and work a treat). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Stacey, this is incredible and gorgeous! It doesn't even look like the same carousel. I have one of these and believe me, I am NOT going to decoupage it... I'm going to send it to you to do it for me!

    ReplyDelete