Wednesday 7 May 2014

All Dressed Up new release and a tutorial

Hi everyone

It is time for another new release at All Dressed Up and this month its a WOWSER realease. Got a wedding coming up? Then you are in luck.  Check out the new releases over in the Etsy Store




I used My Little Flowergirl and decided to make something other then a card. I took a very cheap (£1.59) clock from B&M ...
Added the image, some flowers, a LOT of glitter and TA DAAA.....
.
.
.
.
.
The image is available HERE
The flowers used are from Wild Orchid Crafts
The image is coloured with Copics. 

Here is a picture tutorial on making the clock:

I used a cheap £1.49 clock from B&M (said £2.99 on it but went through till at £1.49)

Remove the four screws in the back and keep in a safe place. pull off the back. Unscrew the legs and the nuts on top of the domes on the top of the clock (Be careful here the metal handle flies off very fast!)

 The inside should now pull out. Gently pull off each clock hand in turn and remove the numbered heart. keep all clock hands screws and bolts somewhere safe for now.

 In a small pot mix some glossy accents with generous amounts of glitter and frantage fragments. I used both purple glitter and some holographic embossing powder to give it a very sparkly effect

 generously coat all the surface of the main clock body and the two domes. Leave overnight to dry. Any drips that have settled at the base of the domes or the heart can be covered later with pearls or ribbon/lace

Print out a digi of your choice and use the numbered heart you pulled out of the clock as a template to cut around. I scanned the heart and then traced it in the cameo.


one traced I released compound path and then removed all the numbers. The number two is stuck onto the outline so I used the knife to cut that off.

 I used the measuring rulers on the side of the cameo to make the heart the correct size. As I had used the knife tool the heart didnt quite cut out fully so I had to finish the top bit with some scissors. To be honest when I do the next one I think i will just cut it out freehand it was a lot of faffing lol. I used a eyelet tool to make a hole in the middle


Ok so colour your digi and stick it back onto the clock face. add the hands of the clocck back on carefully (you will know which to put on first as the holes are different sizes. I added more glitter around the edge of the image and on the inside of the clock sides. Decorate with flowers using silicone glue and you are done!
 

Don't forget our current challenge over on the All Dressed Up challenge blog is 'It's a Guy Thing' so hurry over there and show us your best male All Dressed Up cards. 

Big thanks to Erin from Elfie's Sparkle and dust for the original inspiration for the clock. Check our Erins beautiful clock here

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Through The Purple Haze - Anything but a square  
Crafty Creations - Anything but a card 
Creative Moments - Anything Goes 
Scrapper's Delights - Anything Goes
Simon Says Spring Flowers
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Keep Smilin'
Stacey xxx 

18 comments:

  1. Got me clock, got it painted, got it frantaged. Stuck lol
    I will get there though with this fab tut.
    Love, love, love this Stacey, it's brilliant. You sure are a clever clogs
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG WOWWWW!!! And what a fab tutorial too!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly cannot explain how much I love this...it is utterly perfect in every single way. Thank you so much hunni xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you clever! This turned out really nice! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing project..it is wonderful!! I can't even find the words...exceptional...I am blown away!!! Thanks for entering at TTPH and Good Luck!

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love. This is just beautiful and a fantastic idea. Note to self, must try this one!. Thanks for joining us at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful project, a wonderfully created base with the frantage and glitter. Your image is adorable and all so gorgeously embellished!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH what wonderful work......amazingly beautiful.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, So creative x
    Thank you for joining in our challenge TTPH Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and utterly brilliant! Thanks Stacey... gotta get this pinned to our board ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I truly had to set down my coffee cup before I dropped it looking at this amazing piece of art you have created!! I couldn't love it more! Thanks for the inspiration, and for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Jeannie Thomas
    TTCRD Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wow! wow! What a great idea, and truly a fantastic transformation. Would love a clock like that :) thanks for joining us this week over at Through the Purple Haze challenges.
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning. I love that you took a simple clock and turned it into something this fabulous.. Thank you for sharing and joining us over at TTPH..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOODNESS! This is fabulous! I love it and great tutorial! Thanks for sharing with us at









    OMGoodness! This is FANTASTIC! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD!


    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful clock, love all your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is amazing what a great creating you have made I love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative moments
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love love love your Clock, what a stunning item. I wish you all the best of luck in our challenge at Scrapper's delights

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous creation. Well done and thanks for joining in the Creative Moments challenge. Leona x

    ReplyDelete