Saturday 14 February 2015

Such A Cutie!

Hi everyone, 

If you are a follower of my blog you will know I am obsessed with ribbons and flowers! Now to add to that collection is my new fad - STRAWS! I saw a card with a paper straw used as an embellishment and though it looked great so a bought a few,,,,then a few more....and then a few more.... well you know how it goes!



 So I needed somewhere to store them. My son was bought a tin of toffees for Christmas and asked me if I wanted to use the tin....well of course! 

So we have gone from this... 

This tin is quite big its about 5 and half inch tall and about 5 inch in diameter. 


to THIS.......


Ribbons, lace & pearls  - Brenda's Ribbon & Lace  
Paper straws - Ebay 
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts 
Beaded twirls  - That Craft Place  


The image is coloured with Copics 
SKIN E33, E21,E11, E00
HAIR E29, E27, E25, E21
CLOTHES R85, R83, R81



Now I am on the hunt for more similar sized tins (I am thinking baby milk tins) to decorate to store all my flowers in! 


Keep Smilin'
Stacey xxx

7 comments:

  1. Leave it to you Stacey to come up with a brilliant solution and gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tin is fabulous, what a lovely idea, and your straws are gorgeous, never seen such pretty ones, I shall look forward to seeing them on your cards from now on
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow beautiful altered project... love the idea and your colour choice is sooo cute.. Thank you for playing along at Art by Mi Ran challenge #25.. Hope to see you in the next challenge.. Wish you luck at the draw.. ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you have made those beautiful paper straws look so elegant and stylish...now you have inspired me to go search for them too!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project and great inspiration! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! What a superb creation Stacey, I am amazed at all the embellishments and would never have thought of using straws!!!! Mind you I only ever see plain white ones in my supermarket! I think the best idea is the little 'diamonds' in the tops of the straws - brilliant idea! Thank you for entering the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month, lots of luck!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and lovely coloring. I love your paper straw collection. LOl.. Thank you for playing along at Art by Mi Ran challenge. Hugs Babi

    ReplyDelete